MOST RECENT NEWS
OUT-A Training Course on Outdoor Education - Training Course, Marsaxlokk, Malta - June 2012
Malta UNESCO Youth Association is looking for Maltese participants for this training course to be held in Malta.
“O.U.T – A Training Course on Outdoor Education” aims at exploring the concept, principles and practice of outdoor education and the way they can contribute to the efficiency of youth work and also to the development of healthy and pro-active lifestyles. It will be a situated learning opportunity since most of the working methods will be highly experiential and implemented in the outdoors.
The objectives that have been set for this training course are the following:
• To experience outdoor educational activities of a wide variety and diversity towards participants’
enhancement of personal and social-interaction capacities;
• To offer an interactive meeting space for youth workers working in the European context in order to
exchange good practice relevant to outdoor education;
• To explore the principles and practices of experiential learning and their implication in outdoor
• To encourage participants to use and develop the practice of outdoor education according to their work
• To offer a participatory programme of activities ensuring everyone’s active involvement in its evolution;
• To empower participants in acting as multipliers so that they build up to the experience gained during
the course and having it spread to relevant stakeholders;
• To stimulate participants interest in different, ecological, healthy and responsible lifestyles;
• To explore possibilities for future cooperation among participants namely in the field of outdoor
education but not exclusively.
Participating countries: AUT, ESP, EST, GRE, ITA, IRE, LTV, MTA, POL, POR, ROM, SVK
Age limit: 18+
Persons from Malta: 2
Total number of participants: 24
Dates: 23rd - 30th June, 2012
Place: Marsaxlokk, Malta
Venue: Marsaxlokk Youth Activity Centre
By sending an application for this Training Course, the Maltese applicants chosen commit themselves
to participate in every activity of the project. Furthermore, the stay at the venue throughout the project is
Accommodation and food covered by host organisation.
Kindly find Information Pack and Application Form below. Send application form ASAP to