2011 will be the European year of Volunteering.
InformaGiovani is looking for one EVS volunteer (to be "added" to the current three, already working with us) focusing his/her service on the specific topic of the European year.
Dates of the service are 1 February 2011 - 30 January 2012
First two months an intensive Italian language course is foreseen (6-8 hours every week)
Tasks of the volunteer will include:
till September 2011
- support the volunteering promotional campaigns (producing and distributing leaflets, organize events, etc)
- support the implementation of workcamps and voluntary projects in Italy (support the logistic, meet the local partners, co-ordinate contacts between camp leaders and incoming volunteers, etc)
- support the placement of Italian volunteers in workcamps abroad (manage the volunteers database, manage their applications/inscriptions, stay in contact with hosting organizations, etc)
- support the placement of disadvantaged young people in national and international voluntary projects (manage the bureaucracy connected to involvement of young offenders, get in contact with social services, facilitate their travel arrangements, etc)
From September till January
- Support the evaluation of the placement season (get and sort feedbacks from volunteers and leaders, organize evaluation meetings, support the production of financial and activities reports for donors and funders, prepare and send reports to relevant partners and institutions)
- Support the preparation of the placement season 2012 (meet with old and new potential partners for workcamps, prepare advertising and information campaigns on volunteering
- Prepare his/her own diary/publication on the experience
Total work foreseen is 30-35 hours per week, 5 days every week. During placement season (End of April and the whole period June-July-August) it is highly probable that the volunteer will work also during week-ends. In such a case, compensation days off will be ensured in the following weeks.
The selected volunteer will live in a double room in the city centre of Palermo in an house shared with other EVS volunteers and/or foreign students.
COMPULSORY requirements for potential candidates
- Availability for the whole period of Service (1 February 2011 â€“ 30 January 2012)
- Basic knowledge of Italian language
- Good knowledge of English
- Previous experience in organizing (or at least taking part) in international voluntary projects (preferably workcamps)
- Aged between 22 and 29
- Computer and IT skills (use of word and excel â€“ or open Office, use or familiarity with online database)
- Availability to share his/her flat with other volunteers (both males and females)
- Flexibility in the working time
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience and knowledge of volunteers placement procedures.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND US ANY CANDIDATURE NOT FITTING INTO THE REQUIRED REQUIREMENTS!
If you want express one candidature, please send us (email@example.com) a CV of the volunteer with his/her motivation letter for the specific project. Candidatures with generic motivation letters will be not taken into account.
Only candidates whose CV is selected will be contacted for a phone interview.
Deadline for candidature is the 15th of October.
Contact MUYA on firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.