MOST RECENT NEWS
Name: “Radical Escape”
Dates: 11 to 20 March 2020
Type: Erasmus+ (KA1 – Youth Mobility)
Participants needed: 3 participants
Location: Brno, Czech Republic
Costs: Travel costs covered up to a limit of €275. Food and accommodation 100% free. Membership fee of €5 for non-members. Participation fee Malta - €10. Participation fee host organisation- €30.
Host Organisation: Be International
Countries Participating: Czech Republic, Slovakia, Estonia, Spain, Malta, Slovenia, Latvia,Italy
Sending Organisation: Malta UNESCO Youth Association
Radical Escape is a training course that aims to enable youth workers to strengthen preventative measures against radicalisation of young people though the use of educational concepts based on escape games.
For last few years, we have been exploring innovations in youth work through the use of game based learning mechanisms. This training follows two main lines:
· Exploring process of radicalization in connection to enabling factors such as social exclusion, media manipulation or marginalization.
· Developing and testing 3 portable educational escape rooms connected to these topics.
More specifically, the training aims to:
· Foster mutual understanding of the process of radicalization, reasons and preventive measures,
· discover the topic of escape game methodology as an educational approach in youth work,
· to equip participants with tools for developing educational escape games,
· experiment with applying innovative methodology to the topic of radicalization, create 3 educational escape games and test them with the local community,
· to empower youth workers/leaders to use escape games while working with hard to reach youth;
· to create a scenario booklet on escape games on processes triggering radicalization.
The training course is designed for youth workers, youth leaders, educators, trainers, teachers, NGO volunteers and members. We are looking for people involved in youthwork or in the education field on a weekly basis. Participants do not need any previous experience with escape games and game-based learning. We expect participants to have motivation to learn about game-based learning and be willing to create escape games for young people.
Interested applicants are to fill the participation form here by the 20th December 2019