MOST RECENT NEWS
Name: “Lingua Franca”
Dates: APV – 9 November, Youth Exchange – July 2020
Type: Erasmus+ (KA1 – Youth Mobility)
Participants needed: 1 participant for the APV who would also need to attend the Youth Exchange in July 2020 as a group leader
Location: Aljustel, Portugal
Costs: Travel costs covered up to a limit of €275. Food and accommodation 100% free. Membership fee of €5 for non-members. Participation fee Malta - €10.
Host Organisation: Buinho Creative Hub
Countries Participating: Portugal, Poland, Greece, Malta, Turkey, Bulgaria
Sending Organisation: Malta UNESCO Youth Association
Lingua Franca is a project that brings together maker-spaces and UNESCO youth clubs with the purpose of providing high quality educational contents to disadvantaged young people while promoting the Erasmus and UNESCO goals of inter-religious dialogue, tolerance and safeguard of human rights.
Some of the planned activities for the Youth Exchange include:
- learn how to use 3D printing and 3D modelling to enable their concepts and creations to become real;
- learn electronics and build your own scientific equipment to run experiments;
- learn the fundamentals in biohacking, microbiology and biotechnology
- participate in playful, fun, and exciting workshops which involve making art with bacteria’s and other microorganisms, and with the project’s bio artist special guest resident;
- opportunity to work with other young people from different nationalities in exciting and engaging projects, and present the final results in a public exhibition;
- learn about the local costumes and rich traditions of the mining town Aljustrel, Messejana, and overall Alentejo’s southern region;
- opportunity to visit the “Military Road” project in Lisbon’s and Sao Luis Cultivamos Cultura, two amazing projects related either with migrations/postcolonialism and bioart/biotechnology;
- an opportunity also to make new friends and bring home unique shared experiences and stories.
Interested applicants are to fill the participation form here by the 18th of October 2019.