23-27 October 2012 | Spain
International training for those who are directly involved in the support system around the volunteer (mentors and task-related support persons) on the hosting, sending and coordinating side in the European Voluntary Service (EVS) – Action 2
The training course is designed for those who are directly involved in the support system around the EVS volunteer (mentors and task-related support persons) on the hosting, sending and coordinating side. The participants from Sending and Hosting organisations should already have some experience in EVS (minimum of being in the process of sending or hosting a volunteer, better having been already sending or receiving the first volunteer).
The overall aim of the SOHO TC is: To increase the quality of EVS activities through development of competencies (knowledge, skills and attitudes) of key actors involved in the support system around EVS volunteer. The specific objectives of the course are:
-To get a better understanding of the concept of EVS as “learning service” and related quality aspects in EVS
-To improve the ability for co-operation and working in international partnership
-To reflect on the roles, responsibilities and challenges within the EVS volunteer support system
-To raise awareness of the learning dimension in EVS and provide tools for learning support
-To support the recognition of non formal learning in EVS through the implementation of the Youthpass
The programme of the SOHO TC is built around six quality aspects relevant to the support people around EVS volunteer. During the course participants will deepen their understanding and increase their competences in relation to the identified quality aspects (reflected practice – selection and inclusion - international partnership – support system - learning in EVS – recognition of learning through Youthpass) thanks to variety of training methods like simulation exercises, case studies, self-reflection tools, conceptual inputs and working groups.
This Training course is for 30 participants from Austria, Belgium - FR, Greece, Iceland, Latvia, Malta, Romania, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom and recommended for Youth workers, Young people, EVS mentors/Tutors.
Working language(s): English
Organizer: Spanish YiA National Agency (National Agency)
Co-organizer(s): SALTO T&C RC (coordinator) (SALTO)Deadline 15 June 2012
Apply online: http://www.salto-youth.net/tools/european-training-calendar/training/soho-in-spain-european-training-course-for-evs-support-people.2489/
Learn more by reading the InfoPack: http://www.salto-youth.net/downloads/trainingcalendar_training_download-file-3443/SOHO%20InfoPack_pax_Jan11.pdf
Members of the organisation applying are requested to inform Malta UNESCO Youth Association on email@example.com
The network of National Agencies for "Youth in Action" organises a series of SOHOs each year. Youll find an overview on all the upcoming SOHOs at http://www.salto-youth.net/SOHO/
two evs vacancies in the project 299-DE-2007 for the november dateline for young people who are interested in project managemant in the aera of international youth work and also in online communication and website management, we await the applications by October 15th ... here are the details:
â€œLiving and Learning in the one-world-houseâ€ is a long term project taking place from March 1st 2011 â€“ February 29th 2012 for two volunteers in Magdeburg. Both volunteers will work as an assistant to an AGSA employee in a specific field of work, and each will have his/her own working place in a shared office. In the practical work one volunteer will develop our website and design flyers and reports etc. The other will be mainly involved in organising and carrying out the many events for young people, such as information events, training courses, youth meetings, and exhanges etc. This can also create new possibilities to take part in our international work and to lead youngsters to take part in youth exchanges, volunteer work or youth education. In their work the volunteers will share the experiences with six other volunteers, started from October 1st 2010â€¦
At the same time the volunteers will improve their knowledge of German and their language skills, which will be useful for their future career opportunities. During the year the volunteers are expected to develop an independent manner and to carry out a personal project.
The accommodation for the volunteers is a shared community-flat, shared with European or national volunteers from ours and others organisation but also with students. The volunteers will have their own room and they will share the kitchen and bath room.
General selection criteria of the volunteer:
We are looking for volunteers with good teamwork skills, with initiative, with creativity and with a desire to challenge themselves. They should be open to new experiences and have an interest in international and political work. Specific interests in antiracism work and intercultural work or cultural interests, or in working with internet and photo/ video are an advantage, but not essential. The young people must be prepared to have flexible working hours and weekend work (with compensatory days off during the following week).
Interested volunteers should send us their applications directly by October 15th. After this date we will begin to process the applications; volunteers should be prepared to take part in a telephone interview if necessary. We will finished the selection by October 20th and apply to the national agency for the November 1st dateline.
General tasks of the volunteer
The project "living and learning in the One-World House" is a long-term opportunity to participate in the design and content of our youth projects and to explore diverse fields of activity. If the volunteers so desires, they may also take part in further education offers, such as workshops, seminars or trainings offered by AGSA, its members or partners. When deciding on the volunteerâ€™s activities, their requests and interests are a central consideration.
Both EVS volunteers will work in the international youth work section, and will have several areas of responsibility; each will also be responsible for developing and carrying out a personal project.
The first volunteer will be heavily involved in our website, and will be responsible for ensuring that this is kept up-to-date. Tasks include:
- posting news of upcoming events (e.g. campaigns, workshops, etc.)
- information about our youth exchanges, evs-projects and trainings and also the reviews
- keeping the social forum and blogs interactive (see www.eurocamp-agsa.eu)
drafting and creating informational material, e.g. leaflets, posters and publications
The second volunteer will be involved in preparing and carrying out international youth exchanges, trainings and seminars. Of particular importance in this regard is the Eurocamp, an annual meeting of more than 80 young people from over 30 European countries. Tasks include:
- participating in the organisational planning and implementation of the project
- supporting the preparation of application forms and cultivating contacts with partner organisations
- participating in the evaluation process
In addition, he/she will be responsible for organising a number of independent events during the year. These will include the SprachcafÃ©, which takes place twice a month and offers the people of Magdeburg the chance to meet together and spend an evening chatting with each other in the language of their choice, and also meetings of all former, current ad future EVS volunteers in the Magdeburg area.
Contact MUYA on firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
2011 will be the European year of Volunteering.
InformaGiovani is looking for one EVS volunteer (to be "added" to the current three, already working with us) focusing his/her service on the specific topic of the European year.
Dates of the service are 1 February 2011 - 30 January 2012
First two months an intensive Italian language course is foreseen (6-8 hours every week)
Tasks of the volunteer will include:
till September 2011
- support the volunteering promotional campaigns (producing and distributing leaflets, organize events, etc)
- support the implementation of workcamps and voluntary projects in Italy (support the logistic, meet the local partners, co-ordinate contacts between camp leaders and incoming volunteers, etc)
- support the placement of Italian volunteers in workcamps abroad (manage the volunteers database, manage their applications/inscriptions, stay in contact with hosting organizations, etc)
- support the placement of disadvantaged young people in national and international voluntary projects (manage the bureaucracy connected to involvement of young offenders, get in contact with social services, facilitate their travel arrangements, etc)
From September till January
- Support the evaluation of the placement season (get and sort feedbacks from volunteers and leaders, organize evaluation meetings, support the production of financial and activities reports for donors and funders, prepare and send reports to relevant partners and institutions)
- Support the preparation of the placement season 2012 (meet with old and new potential partners for workcamps, prepare advertising and information campaigns on volunteering
- Prepare his/her own diary/publication on the experience
Total work foreseen is 30-35 hours per week, 5 days every week. During placement season (End of April and the whole period June-July-August) it is highly probable that the volunteer will work also during week-ends. In such a case, compensation days off will be ensured in the following weeks.
The selected volunteer will live in a double room in the city centre of Palermo in an house shared with other EVS volunteers and/or foreign students.
COMPULSORY requirements for potential candidates
- Availability for the whole period of Service (1 February 2011 â€“ 30 January 2012)
- Basic knowledge of Italian language
- Good knowledge of English
- Previous experience in organizing (or at least taking part) in international voluntary projects (preferably workcamps)
- Aged between 22 and 29
- Computer and IT skills (use of word and excel â€“ or open Office, use or familiarity with online database)
- Availability to share his/her flat with other volunteers (both males and females)
- Flexibility in the working time
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience and knowledge of volunteers placement procedures.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND US ANY CANDIDATURE NOT FITTING INTO THE REQUIRED REQUIREMENTS!
If you want express one candidature, please send us (email@example.com) a CV of the volunteer with his/her motivation letter for the specific project. Candidatures with generic motivation letters will be not taken into account.
Only candidates whose CV is selected will be contacted for a phone interview.
Deadline for candidature is the 15th of October.
Contact MUYA on firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.